Are you being squeezed in the sandwich generation?
Hey there Beautiful!
Are you beginning to feel the squeeze of the sandwich generation?
We may be helping our kids find their feet to venture out into the world while just beginning to be tugged in the other direction with our parents needing our help too.
We are still bringing up our own kids while taking on the care of our parents.
Today I have a wonderful interview with Johanna Lynn where we discuss how to have challenging conversations with our parents.
In some situations, it’s hard to know how to ask sensitive questions to our parents while not insulting them or making them feel like they are a child and you are now their parent.
So let me tell you about Johanna.
Johanna has 20 years expertise in resolving inherited family patterns and is the founder of The Family Imprint Institute with an international private practice. She is fascinated by what parents share with their children, the invisible stuff passed along in our very DNA. Her superpower is listening like a detective to the facts of her client’s family history, the words that they use to describe their challenges that lead her to where a client needs to begin to work, offering up freedom, insight and new perspectives.
Her clients’ earliest experiences, while they don’t consciously remember them, have a profound influence on how they live their lives.
What you will learn in this episode:
- How to ask challenging questions to keep your relationship with your parent in balance
- To remind yourself to put yourself in their shoes
- How to introduce a third party to help navigate tough situations/discussions
- How unresolved emotions can help contribute to diseases later in life
- How to set boundaries so we have enough energy to help our parents
- How we allow our emotions and feelings from past hurts dictate how we help our parents now